Tuesday, July 10, 2007

4:50 pm - 102 degrees

Well. The time has come. The insanity of the day has overtaken me and I need to experience this heat for myself. What does 102 degrees feel like?

The streets are empty of cars and humans. Wish me luck as I venture out into the asphalt inferno.

And cross your fingers that the bus driver has insisted that people keep the windows closed and that the AC is working well. Otherwise I'm in for a long trip home.

Just saw another ambulance fly by. I knew we wouldn't all make it out of this in one piece.

Signing off for today.

Tomorrow? If it's still hot, you'd better believe the news will still be covering it.

Good luck to you all.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your sensationalist live-blogging of the heat wave made me laugh. David and I have AC but for some reason were unable to coordinate it correctly to keep us cool during the night....? Yeah, I know. Sad, isn't it?